100. Rihanna “Diamonds” I’m biased against her because I hate her, but this is the best song anybody’s ever written for a llama.
99. Skrillex “Bangarang” I’m also biased against dubstep because it sounds like a seizure, but Skrillex finally made a song that sounds like “music” and not a dial-up internet connection.
98. Monica & Brandy “It All Belongs To Me” Unfortunately, neither of my girls will ever reach their 90s heights as far as popularity, but they’re both sounding better and better each year (and looking amazing).
97. Guided By Voices “Doughnut for a Snowman” More songs need to start off like first grade music class when you learn to play the recorder. I realize that sounds like shade, but it comes from a good place. This song makes me happy
96. The Beach Boys “That’s Why God Made the Radio” Nobody does harmony like the Beach Boys, even five decades into their career. This song makes me want to get my tan on…and I’m a black man who doesn’t even like the beach.
2013 is officially perfect already. The rest of the year can just have a seat.
Also: This is the first time I’ve really liked Yoona…ever. AlsoAlso: Hyoyeon finally got a nosejob, bless her heart. AlsoAlsoAlso: Sunny is forever the cutest thing on the Internet. She better work that cotton-candy-colored mushroom hair.
Sometimes, you accidentally listen to a lot of k-pop. See, what had happened was, I’ve been getting stuff I missed since that concert in California last week and I’ve decided three things:
2NE1 really is one of the best pop groups on the planet. That is just so much sass in one place I can’t even take it.
SISTAR has a lot of weak songs, but I feel like they have a shot at actually becoming a big deal since A) Three of them are pretty good singers B) Bora is ridiculously pretty and C) Hyolyn can saaaaannnnng.
Girls’ Generation needs more subgroups like TaeTiSeo. They are really giving me actual girl group vocals and not just processed pop fluff. I hope the next breakout has Hyoyeon in it with some kind of hip-hop flavor.