Except one, because she is untouchable, but we’ll get to that one in a second.
First, opening the Oscars — one of the absolute last bastions of Old White People Respectability — with a song about boobs could have been edgy and funny and subversive…………if it was funny. Just listing movies where you saw boobs makes you sound like a 13-year-old who just discovered Skinemax.
40. Low Cut Connie “Boozophilia” What a fun, hipster way of saying “you’re a fucking alcoholic.” Drunk boys making piano-driven indie rock will always make the Top 40.
39. Björk “Mutual Core” I thought this was a standard Björk ballad, albeit a little sparse…until the beat kicked in halfway through and her inner Major Lazer came out.
38. Jennifer Hudson & Ne-Yo with Rick Ross “Think Like A Man” Jennifer Hudson has never sounded better on a record that on this single. Ne-Yo is usually pretty useless anyway, but she completely makes you forget he even showed up to the recording studio.
37. Big Bang “Monster” If you let Big Bang’s fashion distract you from the music, you’re making a huge mistake. No other boybands, K-pop or otherwise, are making pop music of this caliber.
36. Shangela “Werqin Girl” In the dictionary beside Doing Too Much there is a link to this video. Shangela tried to put every trick she had into this song, and it’s so ridiculous it’s impossible to ignore. Don’t let this come on at the club…I will come to werq.
So, we can’t say for sure that Beyonce’s photo (above) was directed at all of the people who have been criticizing her for reportedly lip-synching “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Presidential Inauguration…but, it wouldn’t be a stretch to assume that either. Bey has been in New Orleans practicing for her upcoming Super Bowl performance and this weekend she Instagrammed a photo of herself in a sweatshirt, with the text: “Can I Live?”
Extra credit since the infamous line originates from her husband Jay-Z’sReasonable Doubtalbum. And, of course, she was rocking a Brooklyn Nets hat to top it off.
Regardless of the fact that this is the lead single for a movie I refuse to pay money for (written by Steve Harvey, co-starring Chris Brown? YEAH NO THANKS)… Regardless of the fact that Ne-Yo’s gay ass singing the co-lead on a man/woman track is about as believable as me being the Grand Wizard of the KKK…
This is the best thing JHud has ever done. Did I see a sidestep dance move? Is that what you did there? That was cute, Jen! Do that again! She looks amazing, the song is amazing, she’s not hollering it at me. All of this is just winning.