40. Low Cut Connie “Boozophilia” What a fun, hipster way of saying “you’re a fucking alcoholic.” Drunk boys making piano-driven indie rock will always make the Top 40.
39. Björk “Mutual Core” I thought this was a standard Björk ballad, albeit a little sparse…until the beat kicked in halfway through and her inner Major Lazer came out.
38. Jennifer Hudson & Ne-Yo with Rick Ross “Think Like A Man” Jennifer Hudson has never sounded better on a record that on this single. Ne-Yo is usually pretty useless anyway, but she completely makes you forget he even showed up to the recording studio.
37. Big Bang “Monster” If you let Big Bang’s fashion distract you from the music, you’re making a huge mistake. No other boybands, K-pop or otherwise, are making pop music of this caliber.
36. Shangela “Werqin Girl” In the dictionary beside Doing Too Much there is a link to this video. Shangela tried to put every trick she had into this song, and it’s so ridiculous it’s impossible to ignore. Don’t let this come on at the club…I will come to werq.