1) Wow I super do not care about any of this.
2) Finn & Poe didn’t kiss so I feel like I wasted two and a half hours of my life.
3) What other movies this visually impressive have been this boring? I got Waterworld and Valerian.
4) I think maybe you REALLY have to be into Star Wars to fully enjoy this movie? I never saw the original trilogy or the Anakin Skywalker trilogy, but I really REALLY enjoyed the first two of this current trilogy. I wasn’t all that invested in the overall long-range story arc, but they were really fun space action movies, easy to follow and enjoyable to watch. I don’t know what was missing, but I didn’t have nearly as much fun. I actually dozed off at one point and woke up when something loud happened (and I wasn’t even sleepy — I was just bored). The culmination of this decades long fight against evil or whatever didn’t really move me, so I think casual fans should skip this one.
5) I might be alone here, but the score is TOO MUCH. There is just a constant sea of orchestration for no reason — silence is a great component to a movie soundtrack too. There was so much music at all times that the climax didn’t hit me nearly as hard as it should have. I regularly get goosebumps at the high point of a score. I got nothing here.
6) Are we doing a spinoff now with Bille Dee Williams helping this Black girl figure out where she’s from? Do we want that? She has a really strong screen presence, so I wouldn’t mind seeing her in something but…
7) Now that it has been brought to my attention that Daisy Ridley looks just like Cole/Dylan Sprouse, I coudln’t not see them the entire time. Sorry if I ruined this mediocre movie for you.
8) We really needed a sex robot storyline again here.